THE END OF NOWHERE FREERIDE CAMPS
5 days of Ski/Snowboard adventures in an isolated fjord in the North-West of Iceland.
Get lost in one of the wildest places in Iceland with the very unique geography of the old Western Fjords filled with lines and waves.
Stay with us on a farm transformed into a ski lodge and let's have an every day program filled with skiing, mountaineering, surfing and many more adventures along the way.
In our camp we will go over an avalanche rescue course and we will teach you how to make the right decisions in the mountains and in other critical situations. With our experienced guides we will help you to improve your skills in Arctic conditions.
DAY NUMBER ONE
- Meeting in Ísafjörður (Airport or a chosen location).
- Approaching our Ski lodge (about an hour drive from Ísafjörður).
- Quick ski line if the weather allows it.
- Avalanche rescue and weather information gathering.
- Welcome party and explanation of our camp program for the next days.
- Short presentation on how to read the weather in Iceland.
- Bed time.
DAY NUMBER TWO
- Whole day of skiing with our guide.
- Making a fire and having dinner.
- Ski coaching, terrain reading and more avalanche info.
DAY NUMBER THREE
- Day of skiing/surfing.
- Going deeper into the mountains.
- Possibilities of going to forgotten Fjords.
- Video coaching.
DAY NUMBER FOUR
- Full day of skiing/surfing
- Going for some more advance ski lines, introducion to steep skiing
- Dinner, fire, ski documentery, video coaching.
DAY NUMBER FIVE
- Full day of skiing/surfing.
- Big dinner.
- Summarising everything we learned during our camp. Video coaching.
- Disco Party.
DAY NUMBER SIX
- Try to leave the Fjord back to Ísafjörður.